Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Ibiza & Formentera

When most people think of Ibiza, they think party party. What I was most excited about were the pretty beaches. Two friends from the US visited me (Gena and Dana) and we traveled to a few places, our first stop was Ibiza. It was a beautiful island with an energetic crowd ready to enjoy the night festivities.
The life in Ibiza was something like this:
Lay out all day on the beach, swim in the water while dancing to the music from the beach parties, eat good meals, and get ready to go out all night long. Then head to the beach for sunrise. Repeat.

Our first night we went to a club called El Paradis for the fiesta de agua (water party) that friends had recommended to me. This was an incredible party and was like nothing I had done before. When I was told to wear a bathing suit and a dress I did not care for, I knew it would be completely different than the usual clubs I was used to. At first it was like any typical club, people dancing and go go dancers in 80's outfits dancing above your head. The dance floor was in the form of a circle and at around 4am water started pouring in from every direction and suddenly there was a pool beneath us. Bathing suits started coming out and people are dancing and playing in the water. It was great. One of the best clubs I have been to, hands down. After some hours in the water at the club, we headed to the beach in our wet bathing suits.

The next day we headed to Formentera by ferry. People had mentioned to me how beautiful this island was, but seeing it in person really had me blown away . As most of you know, I love going to the beach so when I see a beach like this, it's hard for me to leave. Its white sand feeling softer than ever and clear turquoise/blue water made it breathtaking. This was definitely the highlight of the trip for me. We also ate a delicious meal in Formentera- fresh caprese salad and pizza. As we were leaving, we had the chance to see the sunset which was very pretty.
Unfortunately we only had time to stay for the day and had to return to Ibiza for our last night out. We went to a club called Space which in my opinion was just okay. The next day was our last day, spent it on Playa d'en Bossa again enjoying the sun. My friend who lives in Ibiza came to visit and we all had lunch before heading back to Barcelona to get ready for our next trip.






Formentera
Formentera                                     
Formentera
Formentera

Formentera


Formentera
Formentera
Formentera
Formentera
Formentera





No comments:

Post a Comment