Thursday, January 26, 2012

Famen

One of my favorite restaurants in Barcelona is called Famen. The story behind finding this restaurant was pure luck. Me and my best girlfriend in Spain last year, Mercedes, share a huge passion: food. We love trying new things, new restaurants, learning how to cook dishes together, and even just talking about food. One night we wanted to go out to eat in Gracia, but try someplace new. We were searching for quite a while, when we suddenly stumbled upon this cute small restaurant that looked super nice and walked straight in. This restaurant, Famen, was hidden pretty well and is pretty hard to find unless you know where it is…so we were proud of ourselves and after looking at the menu we got excited to try this Japanese-Catalan fusion restaurant. As many of you know Famen means wanting and needing to eat, so already the title is intriguing.

All I can say is I was very pleased with how amazing this food was and the variety of food offered. You can order paella or Tataki tuna (my personal favorite), and even have their pasta or meat of the day. They even make their own unique bread, serving you two different rolls – a cheesy bread and a onion based bread. Another one of my favorite small plates is the Goat cheese salad, the cheese is perfectly cooked so it melts in your mouth as you bite into it, and the dressing is a mango and dried fruits and honey vinaigrette. It is very delicious.
The restaurant is elegant and great for going on a date or just to dine with friends.

Now I always want to experience Famen and try to get something new (but it is very difficult for me not to order the same meal that I know I love). 

I recommend this restaurant to everyone who loves food as much as I do.  Here is the link to the restaurant: Famen



No comments:

Post a Comment